Most Common Facebook Marketing FAQs
Below are the most common Facebook marketing questions and answers
1. How often should you post to Facebook each day?
On average, post to Facebook 2-3 times daily to maintain healthy communication with users.
2. When is the best time to post to my Facebook Page?
There are numerous studies that suggest posting between the hours of 11 am and 5 pm local time is best, but this recommendation should be interpreted loosely. Facebook log-on and engagement tendencies vary across Facebook user groups. To determine the optimal posting time for your targeted Facebook audience, you'll need to experiment a little. Break from your regular posting schedule and see what results come of the change.
3. What does the "Talking about this" number really mean?
The "Talking about this" is a number that Facebook calculates by dividing your Page's engagement from the past 7 days by the number of total Page Likes your Pages has.
4. What's the difference between a subscriber and a fan?
A Subscriber is a user who "subscribed" to see public updates from another Facebook user's personal Facebook profile. A fan is a user who pressed the "Like" button on a Facebook business Page, thus opting in to see all of the brand's profile updates. Not all users have a "Subscribe" button on their profile, but all business Facebook Pages have a "Like" button.
5. How can I get more people to share my posted content? List three ways.
Three popular and effective ways of getting people to share your posted content are as follows:
- Include an image with your Facebook status update.
- Use a Call to Action in the post.
- Offer an incentive (like exclusive content) to users for sharing.