How do I permanently delete my account
Follow below steps to permanently delete your account:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Delete Your Account and Information, then click Delete My Account.
- Enter your password, click Continue and then click Delete Account.
Can I cancel my account deletion?
If it's been less than 30 days since you initiated the deletion, you can cancel your account deletion. After 30 days, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you won't be able to retrieve your information.
It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you've posted. While Facebook is deleting this information, it's not accessible to other people using Facebook.
Copies of your information may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that Facebook use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. Facebook may also keep your information for things like legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts.
To cancel your account deletion:
- Log into your Facebook account within 30 days of deleting your account.
- Click Cancel Deletion.